Week 15 Blog

 1. What did you learn this week?

    This week we learned about observations and inferences, and how our students can make them.  Observations are remarks, statements, or comments based on something that is seen, heard, or noticed. Inferences are conclusions based on evidence and reasoning. We also learned about air pressure by using a marshmallow and a syringe.


2. Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?

    Yes, I was able to relate what I learned to what I already knew because I have learned about observations and inferences before. This lab was a nice refresher of the different between the two, and how to explain that to students. To practice these, we did an activity where we had film canisters and had to find the person that was matching to us only by the sound of what was inside. 


4. How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?

    I can apply what I learned to my teaching in the future by using the activities we did in class today in my future classroom. I think the film canister is great for observations and inferences, but I also would use the marshmallow and syringe activity to teach about air pressure. 


Comments

  1. Hey Anna! I also thought the film Canister is a great way for students to make observations and inferences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna!

    I also really enjoyed the activities we did and plan to use hands on activities like these in the future. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anna! I enjoyed the film canister activity. I was impressed we matched!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anna! I agree that this lab was a nice refresher and a good way to wrap things up. I also agree that both activities were very engaging today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts