Week 14 Blog

 1. What did you learn this week?

    This week in lab we learned about how to adapt and modify lessons in order for them to be appropriate for a wider variety of students which you will have in your classes. We did this by using a sheet provided with a chart on it for predictions of sink or float. From this sheet, we had to come up with ways to make it more challenging for advanced students in a class, and ways to simplify it for students who may struggle more in a class. This was very helpful and insightful since we are all going to have such wide ranges of students in our future classes. 


2. Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?

    Yes, I was able to relate what I learned to what I already knew because I did previously understand that every class is going to have a large variety of student abilities, but I was not exactly sure how to take that and use it to improve curriculum for every single student. Now, I understand some ways that I can do that in my future classroom. We also did an activity where we had to predict if cubes would sink or float, and then find the density of them to prove or disprove our hypothesis. I have done a lot of lessons with predicting, so this was also a way that I related what I already knew to what I learned. 


4. How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?

    I can apply what I have learned to my teaching in the future by doing an assignment with flip videos like we did in lab today. I think this is a great way to integrate technology into a lesson and to boost creativity while also learning the material and presenting what they learned!






 

Comments

  1. I also plan to do a flip video in my suture classroom. It is a great way to integrate art into any subject

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna! It is great to understand that every class is going to have a large variety of student abilities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna! I liked the idea of flip videos because it was different than what I had ever done before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flip video is a great way for students to strengthen their understanding of science and also have fun! I also enjoyed thinking about the importance of making sure that the materials we give students is giving every student the same chance to succeed and not focusing on the average student ability. Finally, I liked how we explored density in this class using the same sized blocks (1 by 1s) - this really drives in the fact that even though something may look like the same size as something else that does not determine if it floats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts