Week 13 Blog

 1. What did you learn this week?

    This week in lab we created a lot of models to represent different things. The first model we created was of density and explaining why things are different densities. For this, my group created a model/drawing of air, water, and ice, and showed how the molecules move differently in each one, making them different densities. 


2. Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?

    Yes, I am able to relate what I learned to what I already knew because I have made models in so many classes before, but I have never thought about how so many things can be models and how much they can differ. In class we made a list of different characteristics of models and that really helped me look back at what I have done in school to see that more things were models than I thought. 



5. What are new of remaining questions?

    A question that I thought of while doing the activities in lab is, what might be a better way or another way to show students a visual representation of how particles move, even when they can not see them? I thought of this because some students may have trouble because of lack of object permanence. So I was just wondering what a teacher could do to help their students with this. 




Comments

  1. I like your question? I am also curious. I like the idea of a basketball flat and full but that doesn't show the movement of particles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna! I like your question. I didn't think about students having trouble with object permanence. I can also relate model making to my previous education. I have had to make models in different classes! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anna, I really liked your group's model in class I thought it represented your understanding of atoms, as well as it taught me more in-depth about atoms and how they work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts