Week 12 Blog

 1. What did you learn this week?

    This week we focused more on observation and more specifically qualitative and quantitative. Qualitative observations are where observations are taken not using anything like data, just qualities of the item. Quantitative observations is where data observed is more focused on numbers and values. For example, in class today we took quantitative observations when measuring the boxes with the rulers. 


2. Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?
    
    Yes, I am able to do this because I have learned about the different types of observations before. However, it was really nice to be able to get more practice in differentiating qualitative and quantitative by actually doing activities and taking those observations. I also have previously learned about different kinds of measurement like volume, mass, height, length, and width. 

4. How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?

    I can apply what I have learned to my teaching in the future by using some of the same activities in my future classroom to teach about observations and obtaining data. In the future I could use activities like the sink or float one, or the volume one for example, in order for my students to practice taking down data and using their observations to get that data. 





Comments

  1. Hi Anna! I also enjoyed the lab and activities we did and think that they could be easily converted for various classes and grade levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna I also want to apply what we did today in my classroom. I think the sink or float activity was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna! I agree that it is very important for our students to practice recording their observations. I also want to use some of the activities we did in class to help my students practice this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anna, I love how you mentioned using the activities you learn from class in your future classroom. I was wondering how you personally remember what activities you have learned? Or if there is a method you have figured out in order to remember in class activities.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts